Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter of Concern

Jan 19, 2010

Mr. Kleats
174 Baller Ville Ave
AliHoop, British Columbia
Canada V5R 7D4

Robin Scott
534 Caribbean Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada S5H F7J

Dear Mr. Kleats:

My name is Robin Scott and I am the mother of Serena Scott. My daughter is involved in the Grade 11 Girls Basketball team and I'm aware you are the coach of that team. She has the biggest passion for basketball and loves playing for your team. She is a big part of your team since she is the starting point guard and has got awarded MVP for eight games in a row. I just wanted to mention some of the thoughts that have crossed my mind lately.

I have slightly just realized that you sometimes happen to arrive late to practices. You have a brilliant team and they love playing for you but they have also starting arriving late because they see their coach is. It would be beneficial if you would arrive on time so the players would look up to their coach and do the same as well. Or if you have any close graduated students that play basketball, having them help out would also benefit the time and the players would tend to arrive on time or maybe even earlier. Also another thing that also crossed my mind was the profane language that has been used to the young female stars. I would like to suggest that this might cause anger and violence during playing time because the players might get offended. Using positive language toward those players will encourage them to enjoy the game and just have fun. Therefore, they would use that proper language toward their opponents too.

I have noticed that some team members are receiving very little playing time which is making the players aggressive and offensive. If the team members play equally and work together to gain higher knowledge of skills, this will make all the players happy and there will be no violence involved over who got to play more than others. I realize that winning is important, but if you play all your team mates, they will all get to experience the game in different ways and get to play, and maybe even win because of their team work put together. In order for everyone to play, the coach must have balanced practices. It comes to my attention that sometimes practices get disorganized. My daughter loves playing basketball and always looks forward to come play with her team mates and improve her skills so it can benefit the team. I would like to suggest that maybe having practices planned ahead of time will cause no confusion for the team and everyone will be happy. Or also you could have one of your team mates organize them for you in case you have a busy schedule. This can benefit the team on improving skills and having fun.

Lastly, I feel that too much emphasis to placed on winning and I agree that it is a good thing to win, but team work is also the major key to success. Playing all your team mates will satisfy all of them because their playing for the enjoyment and exercise. Also to be out there with their friends. As long as everyone is having fun, I feel that the score board shouldn't effect on who gets to play more. Maybe after all, having fun out there can also bring you the championship trophy instead of playing with anger and hatred. Team work is what brings the team together.

I would like to thank you for looking at my letter of concern. I know you have a busy life with school, family and coaching your team. I feel that if you read this letter, it will strongly benefit your team in a great way. Also it will encourage your players that team work is the main key to success and it will make them phenomenal players with positive attitude towards their coach, team mates and opponents.



Sincerely,




Robin Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment